Wednesday 20 February 2013

Natalya - Chapter 2


Hey there, at last I managed to write the second chapter! I realised it was already done, I just never had time to add words to the pictures..but now here it is :)


"Dear Diary" - Natalya wrote - "it's late night and I'm sitting in the garden, in the middle of a sleepover party...which I organised! Although the evening - and the guests - has been a bit weird - like, none really talked to me or danced to the radio, but decided to sleep in the lawn! - I'm so excited I can't get to sleep. My feelings are conflicting and I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. I promised granny to work hard to bring her beloved house back to its original splendour, but the more I go on, the more it seems I can't do it all alone. It's too overwhelming. And despite how much I try to keep my true feelings locked in my heart and to pretend to be as cold as ice and, deep down I know that being rational and imposing yourself a strict plan to follow may work now, but probably won't work forever. I think if I don't tell my true story to someone I might get mad. Of course, I have to carefully choose this someone, but I'm not sure how long I can go on pretending. I feel I need some support in this. And I hope granny won't mind..."


By the next day Natalya was pretty sure that that special chosen someone to trust with her secret was Daydream. She would ask her to hang out a bit at the summer festival after school, and she would tell her everything...


But it looked like Daydream had other plans, or some secret of her own, and didn't seem to be much talkative or happy that afternoon...in fact she left straight away!


Natalya felt hurt...she had really thought that Daydream was the bestfriend she had always dreamed of...she had even wanted to tell her her most important secret....but apparently Daydream didn't really care much of her...not as much as Natalya cared anyway...

Rather hurt and disappointed, Natalya didn't feel like going home. Not in a sunny day like that...it might even be the last one before rainy autumn! She decided to explore a bit and found really nice flowers that could be collected and sold for money...and some of them were even rare...not bad!

She even visited the new greenhouse, which resulted to be like a gold mine! All kind of vegetables were growing there, which you could pick for free! Either to eat or to sell...whatever use, it was a source of money! And healthy food without shopping for groceries at the supermarket...



Natalya loved that greenhouse. Being there, doing some gardening with the last beams of the summer sun filtering through the glass pans was a refreshment for the body and mind. For a moment it looked like being in another world, full of nature an no worries! She even got the chance to feed a wild horse with carrots!

It was so different than being stuck in that old house....for a moment a glimpse of another life that she could have came to her...the life of a normal teen, going to school and doing homework, yes, but enjoying the free time in the open air or with friends...not stuck in the basement of an old house working in an ancient workshop hoping to create something worthy to renovate the house...and to actually keep you alive....for a moment Natalya felt so jelous and envious of the life the other teens had...it looked so easy and funny compared to her gloomy existence...that's probably why Daydream had left her in the park that day, to go somewhere else with some other funnier friend...

but that was just a moment. Her rational side came back and she knew jelousy and envy led to bad things. And she wasn't like that. It was none's fault or credit how people's lives carried on, with the good and the bad. It was luck or unluck, nothing more or less than that.
She had to admit she sometimes would have liked to live light-hearted like a "normal" teen, but then again, she had made a promise to the one person who had taken care of her, after her parents had died. And she was determined to keep it...


So she headed home, determined to work hard, improve her skills and invent something new...



...but her mind couldn't concentrate, and kept reminding her how lonely she was feeling... the next day was saturday so she wouldn't go to school for two days...and if Daydream didn't want to be her friend anymore, she would spend the whole weekend stuck in the house talking to the walls...but she really needed someone to talk to, than her reflection in the mirror! Or she would really go mad...


So it was that she decided to hire a maid. But not an ordinary one who would ask questions...Natalya had saved quite a lot of money to start doing a bit of renovations, but her need was too important and she decided to hire Bonehilda.


She wasn't really "human" but at least you could talk to her...although you were never sure if she really understood what you said....


anyway, she was really useful in the house and didn't need to be cared for, and took the housework on her so Natalya could have more time to do her homework and earn extra money.

Although the money was scarce again and the renovation now had to wait a little bit - her heart sank a little when she thought she was delaying her promise -, Natalya was sure she had made the right choice with Bonehilda.



Besides, Saturday evening brought a little surprise call from Daydream! She told Natalya she was sorry she had left her like that in the park, but had somewhere she needed to be...she would understand when she saw here again, maybe Sunday afternoon at the festival?

Of course Natalya said yes, as in one second all the sadness and the disappointment for her friend's behaviour had lifted...she couldn't wait to be outside again and meet Daydream!


Natalya soon found out the reason that had constrained her friend to leave...she had grown up! She left to attend her own birthday party, not to hang out with someone cooler as Natalya had thought! Although she was a little resentful that she hadn't been invited to the party, it was quite ok, as her friend told her that she had been sorry but her family had wanted it to be just a family thing...


Things cleared, Natalya and Daydream had a wonderful afternoon at the summer festival...


They even tried the new skating ring!



Although Natalya didn't want to think that she would no more have her friend at school with her on Monday... and she told Daydream in one of the most popular place for girls to tell each other secrets...the toilet :D She was happy to behave like she thought "normal" teens used to :)


But Daydream smiled and told her not to worry, they would still be friends! Natalya was a special girl, and it was totally wonderful that she was different from that mass of teenage girls at school who all looked like each other, that was definitely not cool. Besides, she remembered her of her last sleepover party, and of how much everyone had enjoyed it (something that wasn't so obvious to Natalya as none of the other guests had spoken to her that night or the next day at school..). Besides, she had heard that werewolf guy telling a friend that he had particularly liked playing fetch with Natalya...which made her flush a bit ;)

Daydream: and hey, you can't help but notice how cool your house is! It's perfect for sleepovers!

Natalya: really?

Daydream: yeah! it's so...decadent, you just get in the mood straight away! And hey, it's going to be Spooky Day soon, it's just the perfect place for a huuuuuge party!

Natalya: well, I never thought that someone could find decadent houses cool but if you think they like it, we can definitely have a Spooky Day party!

Daydream: Of course! Hey, we're not talking about ordinary people here, they're of the supernatural kind! Or those that ordinary school kids call weirdos...but truth is, ordinary guys have nothing really to tell. While all those who attended your party have things to say...secrets that can't be told to just anyone. That's why they don't ask questions. Because I think you fit in this description also..

Natalya: yes...you're right...I....

Daydream: don't worry, I don't want to ask anything you don't want to tell.

Natalya: I do want to tell, I just made a promise and...I fear I can't fulfill it all alone, but I must choose carefully who to trust...

Daydream: I understand Nat, just know that if you need to talk, you can trust us. You can trust me...

Natalya: thanks...I was planning to tell you last Friday already but then...

Daydream: I'm sorry for Friday...listen, I must go now, it's full moon today and my parents don't want me to be home too late - yes, I know, they still think I'm a teenager, but till I find a place for myself I need to keep them quiet - , I'm sorry...but how about if I come to your place tomorrow, when you're back from school?

Next meeting agreed, Daydream left and Natalya thought to stay a little more at the festival, to see the evening fireworks....


She met a little werewolf girl and she was just about to ask her if she had an older brother who went to school with her that...


A zombie just appeared right by her side!

Natalya had never seen one and he looked pretty scary...so she advised the little girl to go home and play with the computer and ran home herself....


Although the zombie clearly had other activities in mind, than biting Natalya :D He had fun skating zombie-like without skates... O_o


But at home a nasty surprise was waiting for her! She had been wrong to be afraid of zombies...the real danger were burglars! A nasty one had broken in and was trying to steal the few valuable stuff that Natalya still had, as she couldn't bear to sell her granddad's workshop and the furniture in her grandmother's bedroom...but the burglar was heading right there!


Natalya called the police but it was too late!


The burglar stole everything she had, from the bathtub...


...to her granddad's workshop and lab!

Natalya couldn't believe it, and overcame her fear and ran downstairs to beat the evil woman who had dared to steal her precious things...

But the burglar didn't think she was a threat....she even asked Natalya to move away as she needed to escape after having burgled the house!


Natalya was not impressed....

Besides, it turned out that the nasty burglar had a nasty werewolf minion! Who in the meanwhile had stolen the bed who had once belonged to Natalya's grandmother....


But where were the policemen? They had been called a while ago!


Natalya was coming up the spiral staircase, trying to pursuit the burglar when she heard the doorbell ring...but surely policemen wouldn't ring....then who...?


Alien: I...come...in...peace....

Burglar: oh hello there, I'm sorry for you hon but I just took everything valuable in here

Alien: You..live..here?

Burglar: mm hello? burglar attire here? I'd suggest you to leave at once, least you want to meet the policemen and respond of my crimes instead of me....mwahahahahahaha *evil laugh*

Alien: policemen...live here?

Burglar: mmm byeeeeeeeee


Alien: mmm...woman burglar had expensive car in inventory.....must discover how sims reduce objects to fit in there....without our powers...

Natalya: hey..hello there...you're not a policeman....


Alien: policeman.... no live.... here. Burglar.... told me. I Xjfeuhcsie.... the Alien

Natalya: sorry...I didn't catch that...what did you say your name was again? 

Alien: Xjfeuhcsie...


Natalya: ...and you just said you just TALKED to the burglar instead of STOPPING her? 


Natalya: I've just been robbed, an instead of the police, an alien rings the bell and talks to the burglar who took the few things I owned! And now, because of this, I'll never get the money to renovate the house or to buy food! I'm gonna starve to death!

Poor kid, she must have been really upset to lose control like that and shout to the random alien...


Poor Alien with impossible name, Simearth is not the place for you! He just ran to catch his UFO, a disgusted expression on his face :D And at the gate he met some other strange individual who confirmed his shocking impression of Simearth...We can only guess what his report to his fellow aliens might be :D


Zombie: I..wonder...me want tree....or me no want tree.....

Alien: this.... place... scary, I... never.... come back.... no more!


UFO materialization!


and what is THIS exactly??? :D before he left for the infinite universe I got a glimpse of this funny rubber cat stuck inside the control cabin :D He must have been a cute childish alien and Natalya had scared him...poor guy :D


and so he left.....leaving our friend Random Zombie totally bewildered....



Random Zombie: mmm I think I just saw an alien leaving on his UFO...is he going to Saturn? I should have asked for a lift! Stupid me....I wasn't quick enough...it has always been my dream to go to Saturn! Now I'm brokenhearted....so where was I? Ah yes, me eat tree....or me no eat tree....how many calories do you think it has?

XDXDXDXD this made me laugh so hard :D:D:D:D

erm erm...anyways....

while I was having fun with Mr Alien and Mr Zombie, poor Natalya had collapsed...on the sofa, as she had no more bed to sleep on! Poor little girl....and of course she didn't have the money to buy a burglar allarm, which looked like a priority now...not to mention a bathtub or a shower.......



Finding a part-time job seemed to be the only option to survive.....

To be continued.....


No comments:

Post a Comment