Monday 29 July 2013

Giselle's adventures in wonderland - A Love Legacy Spin-off - Part 3



Giselle remembered the first months in Barnacle Bay ... they had been really happy. She was living in a paradise and a pirate island! She was married to a lovely man who shared her passion for travelling around the world like a pirate and had a lovely little brother who had been faithful to her since they were kids.

She knew she was missing something though ... her big family that she had left back in Appaloosa Plains. Her brothers and sisters, her mum and her countless nephews and nieces. She was missing one, in particular: her brother's Sebastian oldest daughter, June.

Giselle had promised she would keep in touch with her , and had sent her the pictures of the new house and told her how happy she was . And that one day , she would be back.

She was playing in the sea when she got a text from June: that was great news! 

Kent: hey there, what are you doing? Come back to play!

Giselle: wait it's a text from June ... oh my goodness!

Kent: what happened?

Giselle: she said Arni is back! He showed up on Charlotte's wedding ... and is now living in Appaloosa Plains with a vampire guy ... in our old house! Oh my goodness!

Kent: what vampire guy?

Giselle: don't know ... it seems he's the good twin of the evil one who broke June's heart when they were on holiday ... and he's ... oh my goodness.... Rebecca's boyfriend now! Wow .... looks like we're missing so much!

Kent: well ... we can always go back ... whenever you wish my lady ...

Giselle: yeah ... but not right now! I want to go back only when I'm old and my wish of becoming a pirate and see the world has been satisfied ... I guess I shall live with being away from my family some more! And there are always phones and the internet right?

Giselle  couldn't stop thinking of June, on that cloudy morning. She had had a dream about her, but couldn't quite remember what it was about ...

She wondered what her niece was doing ... one of the kids must be heir by now! Maybe June was heiress? That's why she had dreamt of her? Anyway, heir or not, for sure most of them had found love and were now happily settled in a new home growing up their babies....it had happened to her as well , although she was very happy that her brother , not her, was heir. She had married Kent and moved out , just to wait the perfect moment to sail away.

She felt old ... although she was younger than her brother Sebastian, she felt like she had skipped a generation ... if she had followed her brothers and sisters' paths, her kids would be fully grown up by now! But she had chosen differently ... and couldn't believe she was given a second opportunity ... now future baby would be the same age of her nephews' and nieces' kids instead , but still ... she would have a kid after all .... she only hoped that she would be a better mother than last time .... it looked like ages ago now ... but the guilt still hurt ....

Giselle's belly kept growing and since she couldn't even smell fish without feeling sick , she stopped going fishing with Kent and dedicated herself to her little garden instead . During her wanderings in the little island she had found a few seeds ... she had planted them and now had a little vegetable and herbs patch and a few fruit trees! And she thought the watermelons which grew there were the best she had ever tasted!

While his companions tended to the garden and went fishes, Ricky spent all of his days diving . He loved that and it seemed to be the only way he felt fulfilled . He even managed to find new fishes species and rare shells!

He just couldn't stop diving ... he felt more and more confident with himself and every day tried to explore some more ....

Till one day he had a peculiar encounter!+

He had just peed in his pants after seeing a shark swimming nearby when he heard someone laugh ... or well, it was some bubbly sound that sounded like a laugh ...

He looked up and there he was .... a merman!

The two studied each other cautiously ... Ricky didn't know if what he saw was real ... or maybe the shark had killed him and he was now in some parallel universe?

But he for sure wouldn't something that shameful like peeing his pants in a parallel universe, would he? No, the merguy in front of him must have been real!

He tried some kind of approach and the other one responded! Ricky couldn't believe he was having a conversation with a merman .... they talked about fishes, shells, and above all: kelp recipes!

In the end Ricky was short of oxygen and had to stop diving .... he couldn't believe what he just saw! And couldn't wait to tell Giselle ....

Then again, he found himself encircled by sharks! It seemed the sea was infested! Luckily none of them seemed to be interested in Ricky .... phew!

By the time Ricky arrived "home" it was raining rather heavily ... but it was dinner time and Kent had managed to light a fire despite the rain! Giselle was just back from a nap ... her stomach was now huge and it seemed to be ready to explode!

Ricky: hey G.! Sit down here ... I have something to tell you! And you would not believe it!

Giselle: oh ... what is it? Any new fish you found in your wanderings?

Ricky: better ... way better than that! Okay are you ready?

Giselle: I am ... just wait that I roast this pomegranate ... I'm starving!

Ricky: allright ... allright .... are you ready now?

Ricky: okay ... I was diving as usual and looking for new fish species .... when I met ... a merman! His name is Salty and he told me he's directing a choir down there somewhere in the sea ... and we talked about kelp recipes! He also cooks you know ... I still can't believe that it really happened!

Kent: what?

Giselle: oh ... Ricky ... sure ... why not ....

Ricky: you don't believe me?

Giselle: come on ... you know merpeople exist only in books .... it's your mind Ricky , it's playing tricks on you ... it's the effect of the island ... we're all doomed to go crazy ...

Ricky: no we are not! And I wasn't hallucinating, I saw him and talked to him!

Kent: listen ... you know we love you Rick but ... I saw you the other day ... talking to the toilet ... I mean ... being on this island is affecting you more than us for some reason ... it's nothing bad it's just ... we'd love to help ... if there's something you wish to talk about ... we're here ....

Ricky: I can't believe this! You don't believe me at all .... just because I'm a little weird sometimes it doesn't mean I'm a liar! I told you , I saw the merman! He talked to me ... I thought you would be thrilled but obviously you are not so ... I'm going to bed ... goodnight ....

















Giselle: no Ricky ... wait ...

Kent: let him go ... I think he need some space ... funny thing to need, on a desert island huh?

Giselle: oh Kent ... I'm so sorry to see him like that ... do you think it's bad? What can we do? There must be something we can do to help ...

Kent: I don't know sweetheart ... I think it's kinda normal to go crazy when you're stranded and you've no idea of what will become of you .... but let's leave him to his thoughts, maybe tomorrow he'll feel better ....

But Kent couldn't sleep. He was happy his wife was handling her pregnancy better now, he was happy she had kinda got over her guilt - or he was hoping that anyway - but now there was Ricky having issues ... and he really didn't know what he could do ...

Since there was no way he would fall asleep, he decided to get up and have a walk on the beach...

He was surprised to see fireflies dancing in the early morning air , and he tought to capture one or two for Giselle ... they were so shiny!

It was still very early and there wasn't much to do on the island really ... so he decided to set himself to work and finally build a crib for his baby ... who , judging from Giselle's stomach , was due very soon!

At sunrise everything was done . Giselle would be so happy of this little present! - he thought . 

Giselle woke up as the first sunbeams of dawn enlightened her room . She had had a good sleep and was feeling stronger today! And she had dreamt of June again! She and Arni had a baby ... if only that was true! - she thought . Or was it? Giselle wanted to believe it was ... she would have loved her own child to grow up and play with June's child!

Kent was not in bed , so she went downstairs and found him standing close to the table .... 

.... and close to her new present!

Giselle: Kent! Oh my goodness ... this crib is amazing ... and the fireflies are so cute!

Kent: I'm so happy you like your presents hon! I built the crib for you this morning ... and the fireflies just passed by! Now, let me bring all this stuff upstairs ... they'll cheer our room up!

Kent: look, now we have one more decent bedroom, don't we? It's almost a royal palace haha

Giselle: Kent ...

Giselle: we'll be good parents ... I'll be a good mother ... I promise you I will be ....

Kent: you already are honey ! See? The baby is almost ready to join our family! And you look wonderful , one can really see you had a good pregnancy!

Giselle: oh ... do you really think so? I tried to relax a lot ... and sleep ... and eat healthy ... well, not that you can eat crap in here ... but I didn't do anything stupid this time!

Kent: I know love ... this is why everything's gonna work out perfectly ... don't worry , just wait , you'll be holding your baby before you even realise it!

Giselle: Kent ... where is Ricky?

Kent: I don't know ... I haven't seen him! I thought he was sleeping but ... he should be up already , shouldn't he?

Ricky could not wait and had gone diving in the middle of the night . 

He had met his friend the merman again! It couldn't possibly be an hallucination , could it? Ricky didn't want to believe that ... it looked so real to him!

He followed his fishy friend but at some point he lost him ... and found himself face to face with a ghost scuba diver instead!

Ricky: Uh ... am I really hallucinating? Am I dead or am I looking at my future self?

Ghost: what are you talking about man ... have you lost your mind? 

Ricky: uh sorry ... you just looked like me ... I thought I was seeing my future or something ...

Ghost: yeah, that's because we're both wearing a diving outfit you dumb!

Ricky: well ... yeah ... so ... how ... what are you doing here?

Ghost: I'm here because I finished my oxygen in this very point. Or was I attacked by a shark? I don't remember ... anyway, I'm here because I died here ... and now I can't leave ... but I suggest you to leave if you don't wanna keep me company for the eternity ...

Well, that was definitely not an option for Ricky! So he swam off to explore the place more ... and he found several chests! He managed to open only one of those though ...

... but it was definitely worth it! He found gold, gems and a piece of a broken map! 

This would totally send Giselle through the roof! - he thought - better hurry!

But when he appeared on the surface he found himself lost in the fog. Apparently he had explored so much he had wandered off his usual diving places ... and he was now lost in the dreaded fog!

He didn't know where he was ... or where he had to go .... it was hard to keep panic at bay but Ricky tried his best and started to swim towards some dark shadow that could be seen beyond the fog ... totally unaware of what was happening back "home" ....

Giselle had gone into labor!

Giselle: Kent ... Kent ... Kent! Please ... don't freak out ... we don't need freak outs here!

Kent: right ... r---right ....

Giselle: ouch! Scratch what I said, major freak out here!!!!!!!!!!

Giselle: and Kent .... where's Ricky ... why is he not back yet! I need him here as well!

Kent: and it's full moon tonight! What if something bad happened? What if that merguy was real and he was evil and he ate him?

Giselle: you're not helping here hon ....

But Ricky had not been eaten by some unknown sea monster! He had found ... another uncharted island!

Ricky couldn't believe it ... beyond the dreaded fog ... there was another island! And it was all his now! 

And what was even more interesting ... was that he realised that the new island was right behind their home one!

Now that he knew where he was , it was time to swim back and tell the news to the others!

Kent: wow ... the full moon here ... is a totally different experience .... look at those colours!

Giselle: Kent you're not helping!!!!! Not helping at all!!!!

Giselle: aaaargh! now this was even more painful! Kent! Why do you leave me to freak out alone?

Kent: because you told me we don't need major freak outs hon ... don't worry , it's something natural , so many sims have done this before you ... you'll be fine .....

Giselle: whaaaat??!!! And what are you doing now?

Kent: I'm trying to see if my phone works ... maybe I can take a video of the baby being born!

Ricky: hey guys what's going on here? You can't believe what I just found! And ....

Ricky: aaaaargh the baby's coming! What shall we doooo!!!

Kent: no way , the phone is out ....

Giselle: excuse me .... having a baby here ....

Giselle: awwwww!!!!! It's a baby girl!!!!

Kent: Ricky ... it's been like this for hours now .... what if something's wrong?

Ricky: I don't know man ... I've no idea of how these things work!

Giselle: my sweet baby girl ... you're so beautiful ! I'll name you Morgana ....

Kent: honestly ... what if the baby doesn't come out?

Ricky: what if it's two babies and they got stuck?

Giselle:  ..........

Ricky: oh, look man! We worried for nothing, the baby's right there!

Kent: what?

Kent: ooooh ... it's a baby girl! When did she come? I didn't see her coming ...

Giselle: that's because you were freaking out with Ricky hon ..... look ... isn't she perfect our little Morgana?

Kent: awww she is ... she's so beautiful! And she does have a cute name , doesn't she?

Giselle: of course she does ... I chose it!

Giselle: Ricky ... you okay?

Ricky: mmm were these fireflies always here?

Giselle: no , they weren't ... Kent got them this morning ... and Ricky ... you're an uncle!

Ricky: I know I just can't ..... I had never seen something like this before ... I can't believe it! Congratulations sister ....

Giselle: I was so worried Rick! I thought you had got lost somewhere ... or died ... I'm sorry that we fought yesterday ...

Ricky: but you have to believe me! And I've something even more amazing to tell you now! Listen ... I have found ... an uncharted island! And an unidentified piece of map .... together with lots of gold and gems! Which I don't think are of any use since we're stranded away from civilization .... but anyway ... they twinkle!



To be continued .....

2 comments: